Tuesday, June 7, 2011

voluntary weakness

Well it has been a while, I apologize I am not all that great at keeping everything up to date.  Well  back in February we had our second three day fast.  I remember going into the fast thinking that it was going to be great because back in November it was an amazing time of just encountering the Lord.  I really was ready and just wanted to go all in and experience him, however the Spring brought forth anything but life during that fast.  I remember being very weak, tired, and hungry.  I would take naps and dream that I broke fast.  I remember thinking that the goal went from truly encountering the Lord in a new and exciting way to, "Do not break fast." I really saw the hand of the Lord come over me and really just guide me  to have strength to not fall into  temptation .  Sometimes in life we think that something that is "suppose" to be easy propose us to be some of the most difficult tasks that we face.  At the end of it all the glory really goes to the Lord.  Like Paul says "For when I am weak, then I am strong."  We are not strong in ourselves because if we could do it we would not need God, however; that is not the case at all we are made weak to truly understand are uttermost dependence on the Lord and not take for granted how powerful he is and what He can do in our lives.  Time and time again I am reminded that when I can no longer walk that he comes along side to carry me through it all.  Praises to my King.

No comments:

Post a Comment